Bracken's World is an American drama series broadcast on NBC from September 19, 1969 to December 25, 1970. The series was created and produced by Dorothy Kingsley.
The series was centered on a powerful producer and his studio's group of up-and-coming starlets. During the first season, Eleanor Parker received top billing as Sylvia Caldwell, executive secretary to Century Studios head John Bracken, who was sometimes heard but never seen. Warren Stevens provided the voice of the unseen Bracken. When the second season began, Parker was gone and Leslie Nielsen had been added to the cast to portray Bracken. Bracken's World was cancelled midway through its second season because of low ratings.
Other cast members included Elizabeth Allen, Dennis Cole, Jeanne Cooper, Peter Haskell, Karen Jensen, Madlyn Rhue, and Laraine Stephens; many then-current film stars made cameo appearances.
Main cast and characters
* Warren Stevens as John Bracken (Season 1)
* Leslie Nielsen as John Bracken (Season 2)
* Eleanor Parker as Sylvia Caldwell (Episodes 1-16)
* Bettye Ackerman as Anne Frazer (Episodes 17-41)
* Elizabeth Allen as Laura Deane
* Dennis Cole as Davey Evans (Season 1)
* Jeanne Cooper as Grace Douglas
* Gary Dubin as Mark Grant
* Linda Harrison as Paulette Douglas
* Peter Haskell as Kevin Grant
* Kathleen Hughes as Jane "Mitch" Mitchell
* Karen Jensen as Rachel Holt
* Steve Oliver as Tom Hudson (Season 1)
* Madlyn Rhue as Marjorie Grant (Episodes 1-28)
* Laraine Stephens as Diane Waring
* William Traylor as Bobby Jason
Created by Dorothy Kingsley
Written by Bess Boyle
Jerry de Bono
Robert Presnell, Jr.
Directed by Herschel Daugherty
Charles S. Dubin
Theme music composer David Rose
Composer(s) David Rose
Country of origin United States
No. of seasons 2
No. of episodes 41
Executive producer(s) Del Reisman
Producer(s) Dorothy Kingsley
Editor(s) Bill Mosher
Cinematography William Cronjager
Running time 60 mins. (approx)
Original channel NBC
Audio format Monaural
Original run September 19, 1969 – December 25, 1970
More from Wikipedia...